2019-2020 K-8 STUDENT REGISTRATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY REGISTER EARLY?
Student registration is the first and most important step in effectively and efficiently planning for the upcoming school year. It is imperative that we know the number of students who will be attending our schools in the spring so we can determine the number and types of staff needed.
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION PROCESS?
Student registration is simply two steps. These steps are different depending on whether your child will be a kindergartener, a new student in grades 1-8, or a returning student in grades 1-8. Please click on your child’s category to the left for easy to follow instructions, either …
- New Student Grades 1-8, or
- Returning Student Grades 1-8
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A STUDENT REGISTRATION FEE DISCOUNT?
To qualify for a student registration fee discount, the following must occur:
- The student must be fully registered for 2019-2020 sometime between February 4 and April 26, 2019.
- The student’s registration fees for 2019-2020 must be paid in full by April 26, 2019, OR a payment plan must be agreed upon between the parent / guardian and District Finance Office. To establish a payment plan, please call 847-313-4416.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SUPPLIES MY CHILD NEEDS?
You can access your child’s supply list through the Grade Level School Supply Lists link to the left, OR for your convenience, the PTC offers a school supply kit sale each year - one stop shopping!
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY CHILD’S CLASS ASSIGNMENT/SCHEDULE?
If Steps 1 and 2 of your child’s registration process are completed ...
- The parent will receive his/her child’s class assignment the week before the school year begins.
- The student will receive his/her advisory information the week before the school year begins.
- The student will receive his/her schedule at the Field Family Fest.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I QUALIFY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
If you think you may qualify for financial assistance …
- Complete and submit Step 1 of the student registration process.
- Submit all required documents as noted in Step 2 of the student registration process.
- Complete and submit the Financial Aid Application, which can be accessed by clicking on the Financial Aid Forms link to the left. We request that you submit a completed Financial Aid Application, along with all supporting documentation, to the District Office within 30 days of registering your child on InfoSnap.
If you have any questions or need assistance registering your child, please do not hesitate to contact the District Office at 847-313-4416.