Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee- BPAC
You are invited to participate in District 31’s Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC). BPAC is a committee of parents, district leaders and teachers that meet at least four times a year and focuses on bilingual/EL education and programming of the District. Being a BPAC member, you will get to know the curriculum, budget, professional learning for teachers and parent activities.
The mission of the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee is for parents, staff and the District to work together in order to meet the needs of all bilingual students.
- To establish a collaborative voice between our bilingual families and District 31.
- To promote positive parental participation in the development of the educational experiences for our children.
- To develop the capacity of our parents to support their children with their academic work.
- To establish a bilingual parent network and promote cultural awareness.
- To help make decisions regarding the bilingual program at District 31.
- To understand and review the assessments, resources, and instructional methods used in language acquisition programs.
BPAC meets four times a school year at Winkelman Elementary School. For more information please call Veronica Gott at (847) 832-2267 or email email@example.com.