Welcome to the Field Middle School Athletic Programs
Field Middle School is pleased to have Jon Damon serve as Athletic Director. Please email him AD@district31.net or call him (847-313-4443) with any questions related to our athletic programs. Questions about the school musical, before school open library, or any other activity can be directed to Erin Murphy, principal. Please review the information below.
Field offers the following sports:
- Fall: Girls Volleyball, Co-Ed Soccer
- Winter: Girls and Boys Basketball
- Late Winter: Boys Volleyball
- Spring: Co-Ed Track and Field
- Our sports program requires students to make a commitment to participating on the team. Student athletes are expected to be at every practice and game. Please review the information below before trying out to ensure that the student can commit to the sport.
- Tryouts are open to all students, depending on the sport and grade level.
- Seasons and individual game schedules vary from sport to sport.
- Home games are played at Field Middle School, except for 6th grade basketball which is played at Winkelman.
- Game schedules will be found on this website and will be passed out to students.
- Generally if there is no game, then students will follow their normal practice schedule.
- Students trying out for sports must have a current physical and sports authorization on file in our health office. Just click on the form name to get a copy.
- SPORTS AUTHORIZATION FORM
- STATE OF ILLINOIS PHYSICAL FORM
- Students who make a team must complete an extracurricular agreement form signed by both the parent and student.
- It is expected that your son/daughter will attend all set tryout dates with the exception of any excused absences recognized by District 31. Even though an absence might be excused, it may still impact a coach's decision whether or not your child will make the team.
- It is expected that your son/daughter will attend all practices with the exception of any excused absences recognized by District 31. Being a member of another athletic team does not excuse you from your obligations to your Field Middle School interscholastic team.
- If your child has a prior or upcoming commitment to either a school/outside activity that will conflict with practices or games, then they will have to choose ahead of time which activity they will participate in. They might not be allowed to discontinue one Field activity already in progress in order to join another one.
- It is expected that your son/daughter represent Field Middle School and their interscholastic programs both academically and behaviorally. There will be weekly eligibility sheets monitoring participants throughout a given season. Parents will be appraised of situations that may impact your child's playing times.
- Conference Rules and Guidelines