The Quest Team is back and busy preparing menus that support our fresh, made from scratch, high quality dining program. Be assured the staff will be following all the CDC guidelines required by the state of Illinois as we fully reopen.
Free Meal Program 2021 - 2022
District 31 offers free lunch for all students for the 2021-2022 academic school year. As we continue to recover from the effects from the pandemic, we hope that this free meal program – funded via federal COVID relief funds – will benefit many in the school community. The program began Monday, October 4 and runs through the 2021-2022 school year.
The 2021-2022 free meal program is similar to the 2020-2021 program, but because this is a different federal program, there are some differences.
- Lunch is offered free of charge to all enrolled students on school service days only. Meals are not provided for weekends or breaks, or for other non-District 31 students in the home. This revised program will operate on-site only with no special pick up days.
- Free breakfast is provided at Winkelman only before school each day from 7:50 a.m. - 8:10 a.m. Students should arrive at 7:50 a.m. so they have enough time to eat breakfast if they so choose. Breakfast will not be sent home with students this year.
- Free breakfast meals for M - F are sent home each Friday for Field students.
- The meals served provide an array of fruits, vegetables, whole wheat grains, milk and protein. Well balanced meals are made fresh daily by Quest Food Management Services. The program limits sodium, saturated fat and calories.
- All meals come with milk for free. However, if you do not get a meal, then milk can be purchased for $0.50. The federal program prohibits the distribution of milk unless it accompanies a complete meal.
- Current balances will be carried over for the next school year if they are not used and 8th graders balances will be transferred to Glenbrook North or Glenbrook South next year.
Field Only: For students wanting to purchase items in addition to a meal, ala carte items are available such as chips, beverages and second entrees.
District 31 Dining Program Highlights
Introducing Mealtime – Online Payment System
- Make deposits directly into student meal accounts (3 Easy Steps to Use mymealtime.com)
- Email reminders are sent when balance gets low
- Deposits can be made through ACH payment or credit card (can also setup auto replenish)
- This cashless system keeps the lunch lines moving
- Go to: https://mymealtime.com/
For Easy Access to Menus download the FDMealPlanner App
- Please take time to download the app on your smartphone (View How to Guide)
- FDMealPlanner provides the menu – by month, by day and by food station
- Go to: https://www.fdmealplanner.com/ to register or for more information watch this video
overview: FDMealPlanner Video Overview
- You can also find all these links and more information on Quest’s Dining Program at District 31
by visiting: https://www.district31.net/lunch
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Quest’s District Manager, Rebecca Cohen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Griselda Arellano, Food Service Director at email@example.com.Any questions or concerns regarding the food service program, please contact: