Booster Opportunities on January 14 and January 17
1/14/2022 Northbrook School District 27 Community Vaccine Clinic
A COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held at Wood Oaks Junior High, 1250 Sanders Road, Northbrook, from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Friday, January 14, 2022.
This clinic is open to anyone ages 5 and up. The clinic includes first and second doses, as well as boosters.
Pre-registration is encouraged. However, walk-ins will be accepted.
Attendees should bring their:
- Completed Consent Form
- Booster Consent Form
- Doses 1-2 Consent Form
- Parent/Guardian Identification (for those under age 18)
- Vaccine Card (if you have already completed at least one dose)
- Proof of Insurance (if available – insurance is not required)
For space and safety purposes, we ask that only one parent/guardian accompanies each child. You will need to remain in an observation area for at least 15 minutes after the vaccine is administered.
1/17/2022 Booster Clinic Registration for Northfield Township Elementary School Families
As we have done for previous COVID-19 vaccine clinics for students, the elementary school districts in Northfield Township have collaborated to offer a Pfizer booster clinic for our students ages 12-15. Last week, the CDC approved boosters for children in this age group. They are eligible to get the booster five months after their second-dose shot (so, your child is eligible for this clinic if their second dose shot was on or before August 17, 2021).
Date: Monday, January 17 (the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday)
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., by appointment
Location: 1657 Shermer Road in Northbrook (the former Grainger site)
Register for this clinic here.
Vaccination is by appointment only; walk-ins will not be allowed. If you make an appointment and later have a conflict, please go into the system to cancel your appointment to make it available to another child in our community. A 10% off Jewel-Osco grocery coupon will be provided to everyone receiving a vaccine.
Here’s what to bring to your child’s vaccination appointment:
- Your child’s vaccine card showing the previous two doses – THIS IS A MUST!!
- Parent or guardian identification.
- Proof of insurance (if you have insurance) -- but insurance is not required.
- Completed and signed consent form. Please print, complete, and sign the form before arrival. A parent or legal guardian must sign this form. It’s important that the parent/guardian name is clearly printed on the form, and that the child’s birth date is correct. It is strongly advised that a parent accompanies their child; if another caregiver brings your child, they cannot complete the consent form.
We encourage you to have your child wear short sleeves to make the process quicker and easier. For space and safety purposes, we ask that only one parent or guardian accompanies each child. You will need to remain in an observation area for at least 15 minutes after the vaccine is administered.
Other Booster & Vaccine Opportunities
If space is full, or the date doesn’t work for your schedule, parents or legal guardians can access other vaccination opportunities through your child’s healthcare provider or at Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart:
Those locations also offer first and second dose vaccines.