Welcome to Field Middle School! We are looking forward to an exciting school year. If you have followed us on Facebook this summer you are already aware of some wonderful improvements at Field Middle School. We have new classrooms, new paint, new lockers, and much more. The building is looking amazing and we are excited to welcome you all back for the 2018-2019 school year. Although our spaces are looking phenomenal, we are still waiting on some of the finishing details so please do not mind our dust and unfinished look as the work is being finished.
Over the next two weeks, you will receive a series of shorter emails from us highlighting one or two topics. The start of the year is a busy time and we know you are flooded with information. Our goal is to communicate everything you need to know...but in manageable pieces of information. This first email is designed to help you meet our new staff and to remind your about the details concerning the first week of school.
We are pleased to welcome many new staff members to Field Middle School, in addition to our new assistant principal, Mr Milano. We already impressed by the professionalism and dedication of our new additions.
- Lisa Kovarik is not really new to Field. Last year she covered for a maternity leave and now she is back as our new 6th grade ELA teacher.
- Bob Winkel is joining our special education team as a 6th grade case manager and special education teacher.
- Carla Lev is another welcome addition to our special education team. She will be teaching many of our instructional classes.
- Nisha Gandhi has served our district both as a parent volunteer and a substitute teacher. We are now pleased to welcome her as our new math assistant.
Next week is a busy week for Field.
- Tuesday, August 21- What better way to kick off the start of the year than with a free family dinner on Tuesday, August 21nd. Come for a few minutes or stay for the whole time! Students will get their schedules, lockers, locks, Chromebooks, and much more. All of the staff will be present to help students and families learn about Field. While the students are busy checking out their locker and schedule, parents will have the opportunity to pick up pre-ordered school supplies, order some Field Spirit Wear, learn about extracurricular activities, talk to the nurse, and much more. A parent or other family member must attend with each student. As they have done in the past, Quest Foods, our lunch service provider, will provide the dinner. Although we encourage everyone to come to this event, we understand that is not always possible. If your child misses the event, they will find their schedules on Skyward on Wednesday, August 22 or at school on the first day. Time will be given during the first day to orient students to their lockers and schedule. Unfortunately, due to the Teacher Institute Day on August 22, we will be unable to pass out schedules and locks. Please look at the schedule of events below:
- 5:30-Doors open for dinner and 7th and 8th grade schedule/lock pick-up
- 5:30-6:30-Quest will be serving dinner.
- 5:30-6th Grade parent and student information session in the auditorium
- 6:00-6th grade schedule/lock pick-up begins
- 7:00-Event ends
Thursday, August 23-The first day of school is a full day of school. Students should be at school at 8:30 am. Although parents are welcome to wait outside with their students prior to 8:30, we ask that once the bell rings, parents to say goodbye to their children. Our staff is ready to greet students and get them to the right place to start the day. Our schedule is designed to help orient students to being back in school. We have extended advisory, an opportunity to walk through an abbreviated schedule, and an all school assembly. Because we believe the start of school ought to be a celebration of all the exciting things that will be learned and accomplished during the school year, will have a free, school-wide barbeque, consisting of all-beef hot dogs, chips, beverage and fruit on the first day of school. Please contact the school office if your student has a specific dietary need or restriction. Regular hot lunch service, provided by Quest Foods, will begin on Friday, August 24th. Students will be dismissed at 3:30. The PTC and the District will be providing a complimentary coffee truck to welcome parents back at 8:20 as you drop your students off and once you send them into the building when the bell rings.
Stay tuned for more emails about extracurricular activities, drop-off/pick-up procedures, and much more. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday at the Field Family Fest.