Dear Winkelman Families,
The 2019-2020 school year starts Thursday, August 22nd, and we cannot wait to see all of you! Teachers are working diligently to get their classrooms together and preparing to welcome your children to Winkelman. The School Leadership Team (SLT) is also working hard to prepare for new initiatives that we will be bringing to the building.
With the introduction of our Early Release on Mondays, I wanted to send out information regarding our updated bell schedule.
- Each day Monday through Friday, the first bell rings at 7:50 am. At 7:50 am, students may enter the building through the car line door. The second bell rings at 8:10 am. All students arriving after 8:10 am will be marked tardy and must be signed in by a parent/guardian or caretaker in the front office. After 8:10 am, students must be accompanied by an adult when entering the building to ensure they are signed in. Students may not be sent from the parking lot to enter the building on their own when they are tardy.
- 8:10-8:20 am is time used for the Pledge of Allegiance, attendance, lunch choices, etc. Instruction begins at 8:20 am.
Our dismissal schedule is as follows on Mondays:
- Instruction will end at 1:30 pm for all classes, and students will begin to pack up and wrap for the day.
- The first dismissal bell will ring at 1:40 pm. Students will be escorted to the bus line, car line, or the after school Extended Hour program offered by Winkelman.
- The second dismissal bell will ring at 2:40 pm. Those students participating in the after school Extended Hour program will be escorted to the bus line, car line, or Adventure Campus Program.
In terms of dismissal and the end of the school day, Tuesday through Friday, the schedule will be as follows:
- Instruction stops at 2:30 pm for all classes, and students will begin to pack up and wrap up for the day.
- The dismissal bell rings at 2:40 pm, and students are dismissed with staff working together to walk their grade level to the bus line and car line.
We appreciate your support in moving forward with our new Early Release Mondays. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your partner in education,
Erica Berger, Principal