Battle of the Books
Battle of the Books
Battle of the Books (BOB), a literary trivia game played with 4th and 5th graders, begins Wednesday November 11. Students who want to play form teams and will be given a list of 14 books to read. The actual "battle" will be played on February 28, 2022. Students must sign up using the Sign-up/Permission Sheet by Wednesday, November 10.
- Teams can be made up of 1-4 players.
- Students can form teams with students from other grades & classes
- If necessary, Ms. Fisher can help students find a team. Just let her know that you are looking for a team.
- Jeopardy-style game board
- 25 Questions
- 1 Bonus Question at the end of the game
- Teams will rotate picking the question
- All teams will answer the same question at the same time
- The answer will always be the title of the book
- Teams will get 25 seconds to answer with a 10-second warning
- Teams earn 5 extra points for correct author answers, but the original question has to be correct
- Final round is worth 200 points
- Team with the most points win
- In case of a first place tie, there will be a tie-breaker question for the two tied teams
How Can I Help My Child? Parental Support
Parents can support their children with Battle of the Books!
- Be sure to sign the permission slip.
- Enjoy reading or listening to the books together.
- Talk about the books together.
- If your child wants to quit the game, encourage him/her to fulfill the commitment to read the books s/he has agreed to read.
- Remind your child that this is a team effort!
- Help your child to be graceful and gracious whatever the outcome of the game.
- Remind your child that there is value in not always coming in first. Just ask Walt Disney. (He was fired from a newspaper because, "he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.")
Contact Ms. Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign-up/Permission Sheet -- Due no later than November 10
- Parent/Student Information Sheet
- List of Books
- Important Dates
- How to Get the Books